Bankrolling Poker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Leaderboard Champion
September - billyworks
October - billyworks
January - kendiernest
April - snug25
Carbon Poker Affiliate
Cash Games: Become Profitable By Setting A Hand Limit In Online Cash Games Cp_badbeat_125x125
Full Rush Poker Affiliate

Full Tilt Affiliate
Play Online Poker
Play Online Poker
Poker Stars Affiliate

promo code: stars600
Ultimate Bet Affiliate
Play online poker with thousands of real people for FREE
Absolute Poker Affiliate
Play online poker with thousands of real people for FREE
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Free Web Counters
Unique Visitors

Website Hit Counters
Website Views

Cash Games: Become Profitable By Setting A Hand Limit In Online Cash Games

Go down

Cash Games: Become Profitable By Setting A Hand Limit In Online Cash Games Empty Cash Games: Become Profitable By Setting A Hand Limit In Online Cash Games

Have you ever heard the phrase; “The house always wins”? Well the same is true for cash games, but house isn’t the online poker site, it’s your fellow poker players and the online poker site or your choice. Basically, the same pool of money will constantly move from player to player and the only true winners here are the sites because of the rake.

Based on what I see (and what I’ve done plenty of times in the past myself), you will eventually lose your money at a cash table session (bad beat, called bluff, dominated hand, ect.) if you continue to play. It’s really just a matter of time based on the fact that you can’t win forever. A lot of unsuccessful cash game player are unsuccessful not because they are bad cash game poker players, but because they don’t have an exit strategy.

A common exit strategy that I’ve seen at cash game sessions would be to take the “money approach”. The money approach is to start a session with a certain about of money, then leave the tables if the player doubles, or triples their start up amount. This approach does work, (somewhat) but from what I’ve seen (and again, done plenty of times myself in the past) you will lose your starting buy-in a lot more than you will reach your profit goal.

A new strategy that I have started using and have proven to produce consistent profits while minimizing losses would be to use a “hands played” exit strategy. By approach is to play 100 hands plus any extra hands before it’s my turn at the big blind (under the gun). More often than not, after about 100 hands seen, I have made a profit, but not doubled my profits. I have very rarely lost all of my money before 100 hands and most of the losses were less than 1/3. I have won double and triple my initial cash buy-in, but it’s not a common occurrence.

This new strategy isn’t designed to grow a bankroll quickly at the cash tables, but more a way to make consistent profits. Try this strategy for a week and comment on your results.

Cash Games: Become Profitable By Setting A Hand Limit In Online Cash Games Wurubt
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://bankrollingpoker.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Cash Games: Become Profitable By Setting A Hand Limit In Online Cash Games :: Comments

Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:54 pm by wntrlnd

I like this idea a lot.

Although I don't set a particular time limit, or number of hands threshold, I do make it a point to quit while I'm ahead.

I certainly don't wait until I've doubled my buy-in. It's great when that happens, but most of the time it seems the trend reverses and you start losing before you get there. It's tricky to know exactly when to leave, but if I feel like I'm going card dead I'll bail with even the most modest of profits.

Because, really, ANY win, no matter how small, is SOOO much better than any loss. If you make certain you always quit ahead, even just slightly ahead, it does wonders for your game. You get used to winning. It's quite addictive. You'll find yourself paying closer attention to your game and less likely to make stupid calls just to keep someone honest or whatever bogus rationale you use on yourself to justify dribbling off your profits.

Back to top Go down